Turnaround Time

In mid-September 2017, we needed a handyman to do a series of home improvement work in our Fort Lauderdale, Florida house.Improvements would include dry wall repairs, install new bedroom door, build exterior wood decking, install/repair plumbing, electrical, etc.

Diego (aka. Edil Ramirez) of TopTopRenovations, LLC (formerly 101 Renovations of Hollywood, FL) came highly recommended by a friend and we contacted him. Our first meeting was very cordial and professional. We sat and itemized a complete list of projects and defined the scope of the work.

Diego emailed us back a proposal with cost estimates of supplies and labor - very resonable and we accepted his contract. Great, all was good. We shook hands and agree that he will begin work on the first coming Saturday. Project 1 - Replace and repair exterior main electrical box breaker panel (project cost $1500).

Diego and his electrician buddies came Saturday morning and completed the project in about 6 hours. When the power was turned back on, we had electrical issues. The surge blew out several lightbulbs and some appliances in all rooms at the front of the house. The outlets and surge was fine in the back of the house where we had recent renovations done about 2 years ago.

The probable root cause was all outlets and switches in the front of the house were old and outdated. Solution was to change them all out. Ok fine - lets get this done (since our kitchen, washer/dryer and living room/bedrooms was in the front of the house and we can't turn anything on). Diego verbally informed us that he and his electrician will return the next day (Sunday) to evaluate the impacted switches and outlets.

Sunday morning came - no show. I texted Diego and he responded at noon to say that he and his electrician will stop by tomorrow (ie. Monday) to figure out the electrical issues. I immediately texted back to say that we have work on Monday but I will make sure I will be home by 1PM to let him into the house.

No response. Monday arrived. I returned home at 1PM. No show, no communications, nothing from Diego.

I called Diego Monday evening, we chatted and he says that he will be there tomorrow (Tuesday) around 3PM. Ok fine, Tuesday afternoon it is. Tuesday came and went. Again no show.

And again no communications. But Tuesday evening at 5:51PM, we get this strange text from Diego. "Hi. I was there earlier.

I checked the input power, there is weakness on some of the outlet because they are old. I should be there on Saturday morning with my electrician. Will pick up materials for the deck and walls and will talk about prices for outlets and switches." Seriously??!!! Did you just blantantly LIED to us?

You never showed and certainly did not showed at the time you promised. How the *** did you get into our house to "test the outlets", or if you were there to check the exterior breaker box, how the *** did you get into our backyard since both our side gates were locked. And if you really were there and no one answered the front door, any professional contractor would immediately CALL the customer to say "hey I'm here". And to verify to us that we have "old outlets" is not new information from your Saturday, Sunday and Monday's assessment.

Basic {{Redacted}} is what you are doing. We understand *** happens and sometimes you just can't meet your schedule (especially right now after Hurricane Irma). We just ask that you communicate any delays, setbacks or cancellations, this is what most professionals do. But no communications and now completely lying to us removes all trust and integrity.

We immediately went and hired a licensed electrician to correct the mess Top Top Renovations LLC created.

Consumers Beware!Top Top Renovations LLC Cell: 305-417-0776 Office: 954-548-1436 Email: toptoprenovation@gmail.com

Review about: Top Top Renovation Home Repair.

I didn't like: No communications, Lied, Complete lack of professionalism.

Had an Experience with Top Top Renovation?

Comments

mingster

Below is a followup link to what we uncovered after our certified licensed electrician came in to inspect and fix the fire hazard created and abandoned by Edilberto Ramirez of Top Top Renovation LLC.He basically took our money and ran fully knowing his finished work was a complete mess.

He had no intentions of returning, just created a song and dance about when he would return and basically lied so that we would fire him and hire someone else. Edil "Diego" Ramirez has absolutely NO professional integrity and cannot be trusted!

Florida businesses and homeowners beware!